Nicklas Kunz’ Spring/Summer 2015 collection, Legendary Hoodlum, consists of strong hip hop references and takes us back in time with street wear staples like luxe sweat, high socks, hoods, mesh and jersey.
Maikel Tawadros is young and fresh, and nothing but excitement filled us as we entered the Copenhagen City Hall for the showing of his Spring/Summer 2015.
– The shoot is about an early morning in Vienna, when the whole city is sleeping, and you are able to enjoy the incredible sights of the city in the lyrical and nostalgic mood, away from all the tourists. The gust of wind you feel in that morning is the whole beauty of it.
SVA Magazine sat down with designer Jone Nielsen to discuss studying in Denmark, daydreams and his latest achievement; being chosen to show his collection at Gallery NYC.
Veronica B. Vallenes is known for her clean and simple aesthetics and describes herself as a clash between Nordic simplicity and Parisian chic. SVA Magazine took a closer look at her S/S 2015 collection.
– “If Yves Klein and Sophia Somajo was going on a treasure hunt together, what would that look like?” we asked ourselves, making this editorial. With hand-painted backdrops, crisp Scandinavian designs and metallic elements, we created a story inspired by the scenario.
Expectations were high when Barbara I Gongini showcased her S/S 2015 collection on August 5th at Copenhagen Fashion Week. Her gender-free aesthetics and iconic shadows in coal, ash and smoke glided down the incredible runway show including couples or twins in a choreographed installation.
– Inspired by the early morning light, we shot this powdery toned beauty editorial to capture the blissful forgetfulness as the first sunlight hits your face and washes yesterday away.
Photographer Julia Hetta brings her dreamy, artistic and romantic portraiture as well as dark and lurid photography to Shoot Galley with her debut solo exhibition Different Days.
– Inspired by sheared cuts and bold colours, this beauty story features original takes on this spring’s hair and make-up trends accompanied by Line Jorddal’s kitschy cool jewellery.
JÅAL Atelier revolves around modernity, unexpected details and quiet coolness.
The Epilogue-woman is modern and international, yet classic and minimalistic at the same time. With minimal layering and delicate lengths, Epilogue breaking in as a new household name for Scandinavian women.
The A/W 14 collection proves that Mardou&Dean has settled for a fashion idea that works for both consumer and creator. The formula is a perpetual developing process where their vital fundamentals stand strong, centered and timeless and once again proving that leather and denim can be both universal and abiding.
Jewellery label IDAMARI is all about simple forms combined with technical precision and modern elegance.
Passive body movements combined with levitating objects stimulated by the gravity force evoked the impression of illusion and mirage.
SVEK is a Swedish women’s wear brand that offers a minimalistic and strong contemporary approach to design. SVEK is all about transforming the conventional garments into unique and individual pieces that provide an effective tool of personal expression.
The message conveyed by a Chanel shopping mall is not hard to read, and makes us reflect on how the world of fashion is driven today. Perhaps fashion has moved from hand-craftsmanship and art, to mere commodities.
Norwegian Fashion Hub is a technology and design meets craftsmanship conference and network arena for the industry professionals.
– This is an interdisciplinary industry and it relies on many individual careers; all in need of teamwork and networking. The title for this year’s conference is Needlework & Technology – we’re bringing all segments of the industry together under one roof. Sharing our proficiency and experience is key when it comes to moving forward, says Gisle Mardal, project manager of NFH.
– We like to think that Samuji creates sustainable design so that it lasts in time,
both for it’s quality and it’s design.
– We found the perfect location, a beautiful, lost place with reputation of being haunted.
2013 is the year of OLE LYNGGAARD COPENHAGEN 50 years anniversary. To honor the luxurious jewelry brand SVA has created an editorial–exclusively
with their design.
It’s like the accessories come with some sort of invisible, relaxed and cool attitude that transmits over to the bearer…
Leila Hafiz’s latest collection, Resham Firiri,
is a true joy for the eye! Shot by photographer Erik Almås in the breathtaking sceneries of Nepal, her innovative bridal dresses and evening gowns oozes of bohemian elegance.
– Inspired by the lens of Lillan Bassman, Helmut Newton and Michael Donovan, the images radiate a sensual, edgy and also timeless feel.
– Theoretically you can analyze and observe contemporary menswear as a form of post-modern art; today’s post-modernistic eclecticism takes place only partially in the world of fashion.
Inspired by illustrations, pictures, feelings and thoughts about the past, the now and the future – masterpieces are created.
To mark the collaboration with the gallery, COS has released a limited shirt edition.