– I drew natural simple shapes. Some of these shapes turned into woman. Others became colored forms inspired by the beautiful Scandinavian glass, through which I’m watching the reality around me.
– A. Hill is a poet who lives in a modernist utopian city, where everything is built around the same ideas. He loses his inspiration in this predictable environment, and inspired by the romantics of the nineteenth century he seeks out to the nature to find it again.
– A trip of exploration and self knowledge, where the person becomes one with the environment.
– It’s a game between who you are, who you want to be, who you want to show that you are. So of course, you de facto have to become the editor-in-chief of the magazine of your life.
– The infinite power lies in those who dare to appreciate the unique.
Sportswear as a fashion trend has evolved for the past few years, and there is no reason to believe that it has yet reached its peak.
Sven Ivar Dysthes career took off when he as a student of the Royal College of Art in London was commissioned to design a wooden casket for Queen Elizabeth II’s coronation gift. Now with a career sixty years long he is truly a Norwegian design icon. Dysthes furniture designs have had great success internationally and one cannot think of Scandinavian design chairs without mentioning his furniture designs, amongst them Popcorn, Planet and Laminette. Every chair has it´s story.
Designstudents from HIOA are exhibiting the outcomes of their projects based upon the theme of Light, Space and Identity.
Breaking up the human form for blending in with greenish woodland, brownish pine forest ground, grayish stone and mossy landscape are all seen here in the series Eyes as Big as Plates by Karoline Hjorth and Riitta Ikonen. Camouflage offer to conceal by protective coloring and substance.
Up’s main focus is to be supportive of emerging Norwegian designers, promoting their work by offering them a chance to exhibit.