– Time stops when you are lost in translation in the middle of Tokyo’s concrete jungle. Spaces shrink and buildings grow higher. The final stop will be the 47th floor.
– I met Håkon several times while shooting for this series – often just hanging out with him around the streets of London, in-between his castings or after work, photographing him wherever we went.
–The time when we were younger, doing absolutely nothing all summer. Doing stuff you’re not supposed to do. The times when it didn’t matter if it was night or day.
– The shoot is about an early morning in Vienna, when the whole city is sleeping, and you are able to enjoy the incredible sights of the city in the lyrical and nostalgic mood, away from all the tourists. The gust of wind you feel in that morning is the whole beauty of it.
– “If Yves Klein and Sophia Somajo was going on a treasure hunt together, what would that look like?” we asked ourselves, making this editorial. With hand-painted backdrops, crisp Scandinavian designs and metallic elements, we created a story inspired by the scenario.
– The editorial is inspired by the Icelandic landscape; the colour palette seeks to embrace the luminously white glaciers and sapphire blue lagoons. For nearly three months in the summer time Iceland experiences permanent daylight that is commonly known as, ‘Midnight Sun’. The goal for this shoot was to capture this sense of glow with a touch of nostalgia.