– Time stops when you are lost in translation in the middle of Tokyo’s concrete jungle. Spaces shrink and buildings grow higher. The final stop will be the 47th floor.
Late October, Stefan Dotter in a collaboration with SVA Magazine, exhibited some of his familiar work along with some of the best hidden treasures from his private photography collection.
When Captain Lagerfeld pilots a fashion show, we know we are in for a ride. An airport is a well-known environment for the frequent travellers who were invited, but who would think twice about a ticket with Chanel Airlines?
Barbara I Gongini and Olympus teamed up for the 10th year anniversary of the danish avant-garde fashion brand with an intimate, yet spectacular celebration.
– I met Håkon several times while shooting for this series – often just hanging out with him around the streets of London, in-between his castings or after work, photographing him wherever we went.
–The time when we were younger, doing absolutely nothing all summer. Doing stuff you’re not supposed to do. The times when it didn’t matter if it was night or day.
–This collaboration spun out of GRAA Clothing handing their SS15 collection over to SVA Magazine with full artistic freedom. The instinct that comes with the creative process lead us to this installation, where we took the ball and ran with it.
SVA Magazine recently met up with designer, Martine Jarlgaard and got an exclusive look at her latest collection, “Souvenirs of Poetry”.
– Once again, Chanel has impressively transformed the enormous space of the Grand Palais into a world of their own; this is a French brasserie just as we know it. Only this time models are posing in every angle of the set, while Karl Lagerfeld himself is standing behind the bar, serving answers to the many journalists on the other side of the counter.
SVA Magazine was in Paris at the beautiful Autumn/Winter 2015 show, La Brasserie Gabrielle de Chanel. Here are some of our favourite Chanel girls.
– We are inspired by the way the earth is looking from above. Imagine mountains and how rivers purl and wind its way down them. The minerals in the earth are a big part of the colour palette this season.
As his second collection went down the crispy white and delicately decorated runway, we were instantly reminded that talent has no age and Mark Kenly Domino Tan is here to stay.
Usually known for their anonymous, contrasted and tailored look where the expected meets the unexpected in a nonchalant elegance, Whyred decided to bring it up a notch this season using bold prints, classic tailoring and as a nameplay; the statement colour red.
Hope is one of those Swedish brands that really help to maintain the foundation of Scandinavian fashion. It is minimalistic, clean and classic in its aesthetics, but somehow never boring.
Bold printed colors, intricate draping and new ways of layering were some of the essentials at the Freya Dalsjø Spring/Summer 2015 show. The collection is filled with strong individual pieces, which calls an even stronger collection as a whole.
Nicklas Kunz’ Spring/Summer 2015 collection, Legendary Hoodlum, consists of strong hip hop references and takes us back in time with street wear staples like luxe sweat, high socks, hoods, mesh and jersey.
Maikel Tawadros is young and fresh, and nothing but excitement filled us as we entered the Copenhagen City Hall for the showing of his Spring/Summer 2015.
– The shoot is about an early morning in Vienna, when the whole city is sleeping, and you are able to enjoy the incredible sights of the city in the lyrical and nostalgic mood, away from all the tourists. The gust of wind you feel in that morning is the whole beauty of it.
SVA Magazine sat down with designer Jone Nielsen to discuss studying in Denmark, daydreams and his latest achievement; being chosen to show his collection at Gallery NYC.
Veronica B. Vallenes is known for her clean and simple aesthetics and describes herself as a clash between Nordic simplicity and Parisian chic. SVA Magazine took a closer look at her S/S 2015 collection.
– “If Yves Klein and Sophia Somajo was going on a treasure hunt together, what would that look like?” we asked ourselves, making this editorial. With hand-painted backdrops, crisp Scandinavian designs and metallic elements, we created a story inspired by the scenario.